Sunday, August 30, 2009

Something For Sunday

IMG_4460 (4)  Last evening I was perusing the “Good Pictures” file.  That’s what I call it, anyway; a place to store photos that really catch my eye for some reason or other.  This sunset scene is from over a year ago.  I recall walking around the corner of the shed one evening and seeing the orange glow on the wood siding and immediately dashing to the house to get the camera.

*

Hey, I hope you have a really enjoyable Sunday!  Peaceful…...relaxing……tranquil……serene……(checking the thesaurus for more words that mean “peaceful”)……restful…..quiet…..unruffled……untroubled.  Hopefully, you get the idea.

The next word on the thesaurus page was “peacemaker”.  Believe it or not, when I was a kid, I thought it would be really cool to be a peacemaker.  Not that I had any idea what it meant, but it sounded good.  Blessed are the peacemakers.  Diplomat……mediator……reconciler……referee……umpire.  Goodness, do we often view umpires and referees as peacemakers?  Enforcers of rules is more like it.  Most likely, rules are needed for peace to happen, so maybe its all the same thing in the end, peacemaking and refereeing and such.

*

Back to the original thought:  Have a great Sunday!
*

7 comments:

Gail said...

Happy Sunday!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic capture of the orange sunset glow! I love it!!! :)

Deb said...

...and a Blessed Sunday to you!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

you too! love the pic!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Jeanelle, I love this photo. Really love it.

Reamus said...

Farm Wife,

Great phot, thanks

Pat - Arkansas said...

You're correct: this is definitely a photo that belongs in the GOOD PICTURE file.

Lovely!