Friday, September 4, 2009

Its Coming……

Nov08210 (2)

Yup……you know what I’m talking about.  Fall is coming.  Autumn, if you will.  My favorite season! 

The above photo was taken on November 5, 2008, during a walk along the road by our farm.  I like this picture very much……its one of my favorites of all the photos I’ve taken.  A bright-toned leaf caught between dark stems.  Caught, but with colors still intact.  I like the background, too……the intriguing blurred “bokeh”.  Bokeh describes the rendition of out-of-focus points of light---that definition is from Kate, blogger/photographer extraordinaire, of the blogs Chronicles of a Country Girl and A Picture A Day.  Her blogs are gorgeous……go take a look!

And, have a great day!  Savor summer’s finale!

*

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a capture...it certainly says "fall"! Love it!! Fall is also my favorite time of year..and its just over the horizon!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for our fall parade of colors to arrive here in our mountains.... it's always so exciting!

Snappy DI

Gail said...

Didn't the last snow melt just yesterday?

Caution/Lisa said...

I'm clinging to my denial for a while longer.

Pat - Arkansas said...

Ahhhh, yesssss! Gorgeous. This Virgo loves those colors!

Mary said...

The goats are already doing their funny act, chasing after the few leaves that are beginning to drop.
I love your photo as well. Looks like that leaf was being saved just for its beauty!

Reamus said...

Farm Wife,

Lovely shot and I am glad fall comes somewhere. It is hot as stink out here and I am desparate to get on the road to Oregon and beyond...maybe the end of the month.

Have a good week end.