Thursday, September 3, 2009

SkyWatch #60

Sept08550 Welcome! These two photos were taken on September 13, 2008, and I honestly believe the cloud configurations and sky colors of that evening were the most beautiful I have ever seen in my life. If I recall correctly, there was a hurricane going on somewhere in the southern U.S. at the time.

Sept08556 *

Please visit the Skyley website to find all the other SkyWatch links for this week.

Long SkyWatch banner

As always, many thanks to the dedicated team who oversees the SkyWatch proceedings each week: Klaus, Sandy, Ivar, Wren, Fishing Guy, and Louise.

*

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing how one silly little hurricane affects us all in some way. Even if it is in a beautiful way.

Snappy Di

Leenie said...

You could win a prize with those photos. Part of a good picture is being at the right place and time. But the biggest part is SEEING, appreciating and composing. (Helps if the camera cooperates.)

Coffeedoff said...

Fantastic photos. Amazing skies!

Photo Cache said...

Oh wow! Simply stunning.

Guy D said...

Stunning photos to say the least, these are keepers.

Have a great weekend
Guy
Regina In Pictures

Gail said...

If I had skies that beautiful over my head, I would give milk, too.

Louise said...

That is incredible. Paintings are created with scenes like the first one. What incredibly awesome colors!

LV said...

Very pretty sky pictures. You really did a good job capturing these sights.

Mary said...

Naw...I see skywatch soap on the horizon. :) Beautiful!

alphabet soup said...

Wow - What do I always say? You have some of the best skies I have ever seen!!
Ms Soup

Regina said...

Love the colors of your sky.
How awesome!

Light and Voices said...

You didn't hesitate and look what happened....fantastic shots.
jfm

joanne said...

WOW..those are amazing shots. I have not witnessed such beautiful skies...;p

knb311 said...

Impressive sky photos.