Wednesday, September 16, 2009

More Dirt Road Scenes

043 Bear with me……I had earmarked a few more dirt road photos to use here on the blog. The curved Queen Anne’s Lace stem in the above scene caught my eye as I was a-wandering along the old by-way last Sunday afternoon. That suddenly reminded me of a song we used to sing in grade school:

“Oh, I love to go a-wandering…..and as I go, I love to sing……my knapsack on my back! Val-da-ree, val-da-rah…..”

*

Next we have a green bug on a golden flower. I never have much luck finding flowers devoid of bugs……why is that? Grrrr. Oh well, the bugs can serve as a conversation piece, perhaps.

011

Next we have an unlikely couple……Wild Carrot (daucus carota)---the true name of Queen Anne’s Lace--- making time with a wily Foxtail. Be careful there, girl!

023

A rosy-toned Foxtail:

025 And, next, a spent something or other, whatchamacallit sort of wildflower. Sorry, I’m too lazy to try and figure out what it is.

028 (2)

Lastly, a stand of Indian Grass, a regular throughout the Tall-Grass Prairie landscape.

054

Have a great day!

*

4 comments:

joanne said...

val-da-ree, val-da-rah...I remember that one too! At least I will have a happy song stuck in my head all day...;p

Deb said...

Me, too! I can even remember my 4th grade teacher who taught it to us. Mrs. Walsh.

rhymeswithplague said...

Myron Floren and his accordion on The Lawrence Welk Show! Now, that takes me back.

I don't say that's necessarily a good thing....

rhymeswithplague said...

Hey, there, Jeannelle! You rated a mention in my latest post! Please pop on over and discover why! I hope it makes you laugh! Note to self: Try to use fewer exclamation points!