Sunday, October 25, 2009

Last Hurrah Fall Colors

IMG_7178

Sheesh…..its been so long since my last blogpost, I hardly remember how to do it, but here goes….

IMG_7168

These scenes are from today, when the magic wand of mid-morning sunshine bestowed the perfect touch on these final colors of autumn.

IMG_7161

A spent Bachelor’s Button plus a bud which probably won’t get the chance to bloom:

IMG_7170

Wish I could think of something profound to say. Thanks for stopping by for a look-see and a hi-dee-ho and all that. Take care and I hope all is well in your world!

*

12 comments:

Reamus said...

Farm Wife,

Welscome back. Do like that last one.

Midlife Roadtripper said...

The Bachelor's Button still has beautiful color, doesn't it?

Flea said...

Were those dead marigolds up near the top? I love the leaves. :)

rhymeswithplague said...

I wondered whether you had given up blogging for photography. Welcome back!

Here the fall colors have just begun. A week ago everything was still green, but now we have some wonderful yellows and oranges and reds to enjoy.

Anonymous said...

We drove up onto the Blue Ridge Parkway yesterday... leaves at the higher altitudes are hitting the ground already.... lots due to rain and wind, but we still had quite an eyeful of color to look at.

Di
Did you come enter my scarf giveaway? It ends Tuesday night so come on over!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

HI glad to see you... :)

Leenie said...

Hi-dee-ho back at you from Idaho. Missed you. The photos are beauties especially with that soft light.

Anita said...

Love the first pic! It's amazing what a close-up shot can reveal.

Deb said...

I've missed you.
Love the photos of fall...

Mary said...

You do not need to say anything profound with beautiful pictures like that. :)

I need to begin pulling the summer/fall plants. They are looking rather dead this week. Makes me sad. But...new things will arrive, and spring will be behind all of that? Right?

God bless, Mary

Anonymous said...

Long time, not post! I missed your pictures!

Sempringham said...

I missed your pictures, too. But miss your prose even more. Glad you're still around.