Friday, December 10, 2010

Colored Lights and Cookies

IMG_8942

An ordinary string of colored lights can make things appear special. Would the reverse be true?

*

Today I frosted cookies of the gingerbread type. Not men, but stars. The recipe included its own version of frosting: 1 package Knox gelatin, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup warm water, 2 cups powdered sugar, and a pinch of salt. Bring the first three ingredients to a rolling boil then turn heat down and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour over powdered sugar in a bowl and beat hard until thick. Then frost the cookies and enjoy.

5 comments:

DesertHen said...

Break time at work and now I want cookies...with easy, yummy frosting. Sounds like an easy frosting to make too.

I like the photo. Amazing the atmosphere a few colored lights can create.

Gail said...

Beautiful photo.

I place lights in a gallon, cover them with potpurri(I can never spell that word!)and place a small doilie on top, tied with a ribbon. The lights heat, the smell comes out.

Sounds like an easy icing, I will keep this one. Thanks.

Jeannelle said...

Thanks for your comments, ladies. Yes, the recipe is easy and yummy.

Flea said...

I Love the photo. You're right about the colored lights. :)

Tiggeriffic said...

m-m-m-? when did you say your delivering those cookies?
I have the coffee made and ready..
ta ta for now...from eastern iowa