Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wild Rose Makeover

wild rose many paint daubs, dry brush, palette knife

Was aiming for a sort of watercolor paint look to dress up this photo of a wild rose in bloom along the roadside last summer.  I repeatedly clicked a combination of “paint daubs”, “dry brush”, and “palette knife”, watching in fascination as the photo’s appearance evolved.  For some reason, the Photoshop effect which is actually labeled “watercolor” didn’t appeal to me at all and maybe that’s because I don’t know how to use it correctly.  Within each PS effect are various options to utilize, those in “watercolor” being “brush detail”, “shadow intensity”, and “texture”---all Greek to someone like me who has no knowledge of the intricacies of artistic painting.

1 comment:

Gail said...

I have no idea what you just said, but the flower is beautiful.