Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Orange Lily

These bright orange lilies recently started blooming in the dooryard and every time I walk out of the house---whether morning, afternoon, or evening---it seems I see them in a new light.

June 22 (3) cropped Then, like the insane person that I am, I often rush back into the house, grab my camera and dash back outdoors to snap more photos.  This one was taken on a cloudy morning, offering just the right amount of light for photographing a colorful flower.  No sunshiny glare was there, thus no photo editing necessary.  In the background is a hanging basket of purple lobelia. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks like a lily that I have . Do you know the name? Is it an Asiatic lily? Dairymary

Jeannelle said...

Hi, dairymary! Thanks for your comment. I don't know the name of this lily.