Friday, September 23, 2011

Aster & Bee

Yesterday I found a newly-blooming patch of Asters along the roadside near our farm.  Excitedly, I snapped a series of shots.  Once back in the house, upon opening the photos on the computer, I was amazed to find a well-focused bee had stowed away on one of them. 

Sept 21 (15) My original intention was simply to try and get a decent shot of an Aster blossom.  They’re only about an inch wide and are difficult to photograph clearly without a macro lens. 

Sept 21 (16)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job! that is a very clear picture of the bee. Dairymary

Jeannelle said...

Thanks, dairymary! I hope all is going well on your farm.

Gail said...

Fantastic shots! The news bee is so clear and perfect. I love wild asters, too.

DesertHen said...

Beautiful little flowers and the detail on the bee is amazing! Great shots!