Saturday, September 24, 2011

Stationary Shooting

My friend Buster usually accompanies me on wildflower walks.  Whenever I stop to take photos he plops down and waits patiently.

Sept 22 (49) This time, I decided to sit down on the edge of the road and take photos of what I could see from that particular vantage point, Buster included. 

Leaves on the trees are not changing to autumn colors yet, but roadside plants certainly are.  I’m not sure what this first one is….

Sept 22 (56) This next one might be some sort of Goldenrod….

Sept 22 (39) This next one definitely is Goldenrod….

Sept 22 (57)

And, these are a type of Ground Cherry….

Sept 22 (46)These photos are straight out of the camera, except for being brightened just a little bit so they would display better on the blog.

Taking photos from one stationary spot was a fun challenge and might make a good blog meme.  (Maybe there already is one out there in the blogosphere.)

4 comments:

Gail said...

It is amazing how a simple angle change can change a photo so much.

Great shots!

Trish said...

Gorgeous photography! I haven't been by for a while but now that Fall is here I simply must do more 'visiting'.

Michaele said...

Really nice photos! I did the same thing yesterday at a parade, from sitting on a curb. I really liked the perspective.

DesertHen said...

A differnt angle can change the perspective on everything! Great shots! I think it would make a great meme too! You should join the Things In A Row meme...so fun!