Friday, October 21, 2011

Field Overlook

Buster wants to show you our farm’s very own scenic overlook.

Oct 10 (20) Its certainly not a spectacular view, compared to things like mountains, canyons, and oceans, and barely qualifies as an “overlook”, but its the best our farm can offer.  In order to see this in person, you have to take a hike out to the far end of the field, but what could be better than a brisk walk on a beautiful autumn day! 

Oct 10 (24) The above two photos were taken on October 10th.  This next scene is from two days ago, October 19th.  Notice the color differences.     

Oct 18 

A hard frost is in the forecast, meaning more changes in the scenery are on the way!

7 comments:

nonizamboni said...

I am always amazed at the precision of planting on a farm. These photos show how nicely everything lines up. Frost on the pumpkin here in MN last night but a lot survived. Gorgeous time of year and I'm glad you shared it with me.

Al said...

That's a beautiful country view. We've had several frosts already and may get our first burst of real winter, as the forecast says we won't get above freezing all day Wednesday!

Martha Z said...

I love the composition in that first image.

Kateri said...

I love the way crops look as they start to grow, then as they are harvested...the colors may not be bright, but the patterns always facinate me. One of the things I love about living in farm country.

Gayle said...

Oh, I love the pictures of your farm. I always wished I lived on a farm. From my post today you saw how I adore farm pictures. Yours are just lovely...

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful view!

Karen said...

oops! I forgot to put in my name and url in the anonymous comment above! Beautiful view!