Friday, October 14, 2011

Let Them Talk

I was pretty busy yesterday and didn’t have time to find one of my own photos to blog about in today’s post.  So, I thought, why not simply talk about my current favorite CD, Let Them Talk….

Hugh_Laurie I do watch the TV show House, even though its plot lines are sometimes not much to my liking.  Dr. House’s character is hardly believable, as outlandish and obnoxious as he is, but its obvious that Hugh Laurie is a very accomplished actor.  I was happy to discover that he can sing and play the piano, too!  A couple weeks ago, I was lucky enough to catch his concert from New Orleans on the PBS show Great Performances.  I like his renditions of “The Battle of Jericho” and “Swanee River”.

Two weeks ago, the season premiere of House was really quite good, I thought.  Dr. House was serving time in prison and seemed to be right at home there, doing janitor work and dealing with thuggish prisoners.  But, then, in last week’s show, he had been released and was back in his diagnostic medicine position at Princeton-Plainsboro hospital.  I really think they should have kept him in the jail setting awhile longer.  

4 comments:

Gail said...

Ah, House, you either love him or hate him...there is no inbetween.

Lori Skoog said...

I saw the same PBS show and loved it. He has had a band for a long time, but that show was really an eye opener.

SandyCarlson said...

I must follow up on this music. Sounds neat. Great post.

DesertHen said...

I had no clue that he sang or played the piano! I will have to check this out! Love him as an actor although I haven't watched House in ages...just not enough time to watch all my favorite shows anymore!