Saturday, October 15, 2011

Creeper Vine

Oct 7 All summer I kept an eye on this Virginia Creeper vine which was climbing its way in chaotic fashion up the side of the calf building.    

Oct 7 (5)The leaves became bedraggled from months of exposure to bugs, wind, and rain, but they still managed to display some nice autumn color.

Oct 7 (2)

Something else I kept an eye on all through spring and summer was the wildflowers on and near our farm.  I wanted to see how many there would be.  I ended up with photos of around 90 wildflowers and a few prairie grasses.  I posted them in order on my Facebook page (mistakenly thinking it was Flowerbook, I guess).  Why I am blogging this piece of information is a mystery since I’m not yet ready to open my personal  Facebook page to the blogging public. It would involve allowing them to see photos of me and my family, and revealing my real name, which shockingly is not Jeannelle.  Jeannelle is a name I like better than my own name, and when with fear and trembling I began blogging 4-1/2 years ago it felt more comfortable to use an alias. ( I was even scared the first time I left a comment on someone’s blog! )  Maybe I’ll create a Facebook page just for the wildflowers.     

2 comments:

Peg said...

I love the autumn colors and these creeper vines seem to have survived what ever the elements have thrown their way. Excellent!

As to having an alias... I think we all have them..interestingly enough, my first CB handle was 'Wildflower', but out there on the roads across this beautiful country, there are many 'Wildflowers', so I needed to find something different.. in the end I settled for 'Wirenut'. I am still to this day known as 'Wirenut' over the roads...so don't be afraid to use that alias successfully.

Tiggeriffic said...

You are so funny.. Jeannelle is a nice name..a great alias..
For along time I thought Virginia Creeper was poison ivy.. Now I know the difference.. Pretty and red just like Poison Ivy.
Have a Great tiggeriffic day~ ta ta for now from Iowa:)