Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Texture Attempt

I see alot of really cool texture work on blogs, so yesterday I decided to try and learn how to do such a thing.  I searched online and finally found instructions I could fathom.  Besides having a photo I wish to texturize, I found out that I also need a texture photo to apply over it.  For that, I headed outdoors with the camera and snapped a variety of scenes, from rusty barrels to dusty farm machinery to cement blocks. 
Oct 26th
Following instructions I had found for applying a texture using Photoshop Elements, I overlayed these two photos with the rusty barrel photo.  First is the last Cosmo of the season (with a marigold bokeh) and secondly, a worn out Coneflower with a weed in the background.   
Sept 27 (5) textured

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look really good. Now, if you could only put them onto a card...Dairymary

Gayle said...

Oh my this is so cool! My next "learn" is going to be how to do texture, so you have inspired me.

DesertHen said...

Great job! I so need a new computer and one that has room to put photoshop on. *sigh The texture thing sounds like so much fun! Can't wait to see more!

Carletta said...

Beautiful work!
I'm impressed you went out and took your own texture shots instead of downloading them from around the net.

Ms. Becky said...

I love your finished photo! I have an on-going duel with myself about textures. I've tried them and without fail end up feeling as though I'm wearing a pair of shoes that just aren't "me". but that isn't to say I don't like fooling around and editing photos. what I really love about your photo here is that you did it all yourself and that alone, for me, makes it extraordinary, never mind how artistically gorgeous it is! you're awesome! happy day to you Jeanelle.

Kateri said...

Wow, both are beautiful! I especially like the coneflower seed head--surprising amount of beauty in a seedhead and a weed...