Friday, December 30, 2011

Yesterday’s Drive-by Shootings

Yesterday, we took a spur-of-the-moment trip to Des Moines.  As we zipped along in the pickup, I randomly aimed and shot.  From I-235, its pretty much impossible to get a clear view of the entire state capitol building, so I zeroed in on the golden dome only. 

Dec 29 (2)

My husband and I chuckled over this “Admobile”---a moving billboard!  (We don’t get off the farm very often, so it doesn’t take much to amuse us.)

Dec 29 (4)

Unexpected circumstances took us past the Marion County courthouse in Knoxville.

Dec 29 (8)

And, near the Des Moines Airport, we saw this plane which appeared to be just sitting there in the air, not moving at all.  I’m not kidding.  Apparently, it was waiting patiently for its turn to land. 

Dec 29 (5) 

In case I don’t blog again until 2012, here’s hoping you have a Happy New Year!

6 comments:

dr momi said...

Love the Admobile. ....I don't get to the big cities much either. LOL!

Laura~peach~ said...

that plane pic is awesome. the buildings beautiful and the admobile would have cracked me up too! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Happy New Year to you and yours. Keep on doing those drive by shootings. These are great.

Anonymous said...

Too funny... I call mine 'Drive by Shootings' too! Happy New Year to you too!

Pat said...

Gosh that plane looks low! Great shot!

Happy New Year!

DesertHen said...

That jet looks to be frozen in mid-air! Fantastic capture!