Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Fresh From the Cold Outdoors

One minute I was packing Christmas ornaments away and the next minute I was running outdoors in the cold to try out my new Digital Concepts 0.45X wide angle lens.  It’ll be good for landscapes and sky shots, maybe.

Jan 3 (1) I say “maybe” because I really don’t know that much about camera lenses.  I ordered this very inexpensive wide angle lens from Amazon.com.  It screws right onto my general-use Nikkor 18-55mm lens.  I’m hoping to add some excitement to that rather ho-hum lens which came with my Nikon D40 camera. 

7 comments:

DesertHen said...

Pretty photo! I ran out last evening to capture the sunset. I want to upgrade my camera, but just haven't done so yet. I probably wouldn't even know how to use a new camera...lol.

Anonymous said...

You'll have to take some test shots, one with the 18-55 and one with the new wide angle attachment and then upload both so we can all see what a difference it makes. That is a beautiful sunset...

TexWisGirl said...

i like madge's suggestion! would be nice to see a comparison of what it really does, but the shot above looks nice!

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Well, I sure love this photo! I keep thinking I should finish reading my instruction manual and figure out how to use all of the features on my camera.

Jeannelle said...

That's a good idea, Madge. I'll try to remember to do that next time. (Maybe I'll find out the new lens was a waste of $15.)

sugarcreekfarm said...

Hi Jeanelle! Long time no "see" :) I don't make it around the blogosphere much these days... kids are at "that age"!

Sorry to come with bad news, but I ran across an old comment you'd left on my blog that you were acquainted with Fred Langrock from Toeterville. He was sadly killed in a car accident last week, thought I'd pass on his obituary to you:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/globegazette/obituary.aspx?n=frederick-langrock&pid=155312797

Hope all is well with you & yours!

~Kelli (Sugar Creek Farm)

Jeannelle said...

Thank you for the info, Kelli. I was sorry to hear this sad news.