Saturday, March 31, 2012

Bluebells

Found some bluebells the other day…

Mar 27 

I used to live at a farmstead that had a large patch of these early spring flowers.  They remind me, too, of a jump rope rhyme from when I was a kid.  We’d swing the rope back and forth as we sang, Bluebells…cockleshells…eevy, ivy, over.  We’d jump over the rope as it swung back and forth.  The rope went up and over at the word over.  At that point, we’d continue with another jump rope rhyme, but I’ll be darned if I can remember what it was. 

6 comments:

Gail said...

These flowers are beautiful.

The only jump rope rhyme I remember is:

Yellow, yellow, Cinderella
went upstairs to kiss her fellow.
Make a mistake and kissed a snake.
How many doctors did it take?
One, two....

Funny the things we remember.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Gorgeous little flowers.

TexWisGirl said...

thanks for the memory. :)

Rose said...

I had not thought of that jumprope rhyme in ages...if ever.

Stitches said...

I love bluebells, I must go out and take a picture of mine too. Aren't the colors just lucious? I always look forwarad to spring and to the bluebells. Your picture is just gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful childhood memory. I love bluebells, but mine are not quite open yet.