Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Random Variety

Yesterday my husband sent me on an errand.  Here’s a variety of things I saw along the way:
A pair of lovely flowering trees… 
Apr 17 (7) A cool bridge…
Apr 17 (6) A doorway to an eerie place…
Apr 17 (9)
And, an old threshing machine…
Apr 17 (20)
The eerie place is in a cemetery.  It is an underground room used long ago to store the bodies of people who died during winter when it was too cold to dig graves.  I once read a newspaper article about it and had always wanted to see it, so yesterday was the day.

4 comments:

Rose said...

That is a beautiful doorway, even if it is to an eerie place.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful hodge podge of pictures!

Meggie said...

I always find your photos interesting. But, I especially love the photo of the old threshing machine. I recently took a photo of a hay rake. Art is everywhere...you just need to keep your eyes open to it! I'm so glad I found your blog....

DesertHen said...

I would want to explore the eerie place as well! Love that old thresher.