Thursday, June 28, 2012

Road Trip

Yesterday I got to do one of my favorite things in the whole wide world…go on an impromptu, unplanned road trip!  My husband needed something picked up in a town about an hour-and-a-half away, so away I went!  Camera in tow, of course.

As I motored along on Highway 20, the Basilica beckoned from above the rooftops of Dyersville.  Stay tuned for more photos of that magnificent building, inside and out.

IMG_1563 Further along, I saw this cleverly decked out old pickup enjoying its new life as lawn decor:

DSC_0056 Later, I traversed an old Main Street complete with tractor traffic:

IMG_1584 I had a wonderful day!  Drove with the window down.  Listened to some favorite driving music.  And, treated myself to a French Silk Pie Blizzard at Dairy Queen.  That was an absolute necessity because the temperature had soared to almost 100 degrees!

IMG_1586

5 comments:

Amy Burzese said...

A wonderful day! Love that old truck.

Gail said...

Just the kind of trip I like.

Great pictures.

Anonymous said...

Windows down yesterday! I was very happy to be inside in the AC. I love that truck converted to lawn ornament.

Anonymous said...

Love that old pickup with the flowers!

Kranky Granny said...

We must be kindred spirits. You just described what I would call a perfect day. Capturing that old truck would have put me over the moon.