Sunday, July 1, 2012

Afternoon Drive

As we finished lunch early yesterday afternoon, my husband announced that his work was all caught up and he’d like to go for a drive.  We tossed some pop cans in a cooler and I grabbed my camera and away we went.  As usual, I had fun trying to get a few decent drive-by snapshots.  Here’s some sights we saw:

A pair of horses with tails a-flyin’…

June 30 (8)

A field of wildflowers…

June 30 (6)  

A pair of steeples…

June 30 (43)

Rows of mowed hay between fields of soybeans and corn…

June 30 (39)

An eye-catching advertisement for a tractor business… June 30 (46) A clock tower which told us there were about three hours left before we needed to be home for evening milking…

June 30 (12)

A mural on an old limestone wall…

June 30 (38)

And, this vista of the hills of northeast Iowa…

June 30 (41)

We also stopped and walked around at a historic site.  I’ll show you photos from there in the next post.

1 comment:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Thanks for allowing me to come along on that ride. Beautiful scenes in all directions.