Thursday, July 26, 2012

Field of Dreams

On our way to Illinois, we stopped at the Field of Dreams movie site near Dyersville, Iowa:

 July 19, 2012 (41)

The famous cornfield is on the far left in this next photo:

July 19, 2012 (28)

In this next picture, my daughter and niece are reenacting a scene from the movie:

July 19, 2012 (33) We browsed in the souvenir shop:

July 19, 2012 (40)

I should watch the movie again sometime to reacquaint myself with the story.

July 19, 2012 (39) 

I do recall these lines:

Is this heaven? 

No, it’s Iowa.

5 comments:

Judy said...

We stopped by there a few years ago while visiting my brother and his family...and I have the same pictures somewhere in my archives. Fun!

Gail said...

I think I remember, "If you build it, they will come".

What a wonderful place to visit.

42N said...

I've been there too several times. Did you go up to the top bleecher row and see where RAY LOVES ANNIE is still carved in the seat?

Jeannelle said...

No, 42N, I didn't see that.

DesertHen said...

How cool! That is one of our favorite movies! Hubby likes to watch it at least once a year.