Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bloomington, Illinois

We weren’t able to spend any time in downtown Bloomington but did manage to get a few drive-by shots on our way to the David Davis Mansion.  

July 20, 2012 (16)

Look closely at the above photo to see that this is the home town of a well-known insurance company.  Their theme song is playing in my head right now…Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there.July 20, 2012 (15)Bloomington is also home to the McLean County Museum of History.  It is located in a former courthouse building which dates to the early 1900’s.  I’d like to go back and tour there someday.  This county is one in which Abraham Lincoln worked as a circuit-riding lawyer.

July 20, 2012 (13)

2 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

I've enjoyed this whole delightful tour!

Thanks
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Blogger said...

I liked this post very much as it has helped me a lot in my research and is quite interesting as well. Thank you for sharing this information with us.
Jewelers Bloomington lL