Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Normal Downtown

While in Illinois, we (my daughters, my sister, my niece, and I) spent some time in downtown Normal.  I wish I lived there just so I could say, “I must get back to Normal”, and it would have nothing to do with being normal!

There were plenty of photo opportunities, including this movie theater :

July 20, 2012 (1) We ate at this restaurant:

July 20, 2012 (6) We browsed in this cute colorful shop:

July 19, 2012 (82)

Typically “normal” for a college town, there were murals and other artwork all over the place:

July 19, 2012 (86) We browsed in this book store, where I could easily have spent the whole day:

July 20, 2012 (10) cropped

On the right in the next photo is the Uptown Station where my daughter boarded a train for Chicago one weekend this summer during her stay here in Normal.  I would love to live close to such a thing!  Just go downtown and catch a train to somewhere exciting.  That would be fun, I think. 

July 19, 2012 (49)

Finally, here’s a sign we saw in another part of town:

July 20, 2012 (36) cropped

1 comment:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Normal looks like a cute and pleasant place.