Friday, August 24, 2012

Arboretum Visit

Recently I visited the Cedar Valley Arboretum & Botanic Gardens near Waterloo.  I hadn’t planned on going there so I didn’t have my better camera with me.  The very sunny afternoon provided for dark shadows in the photos, but that’s the way it goes.

Aug 21 (12) The Butterfly Bushes were beautiful and were living up to their name:

Aug 21 (10)

I was unaware that Eeyore had ever said this:

Aug 21 (13) These Morning Glories were pretty:

Aug 21 (14)

I almost deleted this next photo, but then decided to have mercy on it:

Aug 21 (5)

Be sure to visit this place if you’re ever in the area!  Click HERE for more information.

4 comments:

Amy Burzese said...

I agree with Eeyore. My post today is from Waterloo also! Waterloo, Alabama though. :)

Jeannelle said...

That's cool, Amy! I wonder how many states have a Waterloo in them...I might look that up sometime.

Flea said...

Oh what fun! If we had enough rain every year to even think about getting butterfly bushes, I'd have them. Your second rate camera did a nice job. ;)

DesertHen said...

I love the quote by Eeyore. Pretty shots, even the last one!