Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I’m Slow

I am so slow to realize things.  Yesterday, from high above these fluffy clouds came the almost constant roar of jet airplanes flying back and forth.  I kept thinking to myself, “What is going on?”  

Aug 14 (12) When I mentioned the jet sounds to my husband, he said it was probably because of President Obama being in Iowa.  I knew he was here, but didn’t make the connection in my mind with the jets.  How dumb is that!?  The President had visited the Iowa State Fair the day before and I’d seen a picture on Facebook of him talking to the Fair Queen.  We’re proud of the fact that she’s from our local area!  Click HERE to see a video of the Fair Queen ceremony.

4 comments:

Amy Burzese said...

Those sure are fluffy clouds. Beautiful. I probably wouldn't have thought of that either.

DesertHen said...

I wouldn't have made the connection either and like you, I would have asked my husband and he would have given me the "you've got to be kidding look." LOL!

Beautiful clouds!

42N said...

After his speech last night in Waterloo he spent the night at the Cedar Rapids Marriott (instead of Waterloo.) He had breakfast at Riley's on First Avenue were we go once in a while. Then he left for Dubuque and Davenport. Iowa must be an important swing state. No sightings were made here.

Dan said...

Jeannelle, the next time this occurs just go with thunder. It is a safe word.

When I'm asked why is the sky blue, I answer thunder and maybe sunlight.

I like cloud formations and how light interacts with water vapor.

This blog comment is brought to you by the letters S and C. lol