Sunday, September 9, 2012

Flower Garden

Yesterday I spent the day with my other granddaughter.  In downtown Pella, we walked through the Scholte Gardens, which are located behind the Scholte House Museum.  The sunlight through the trees was so bright---sometimes it seems the sunshine of September is the brightest of the whole year.

Sept 8 (40) cropped

We saw lots of Impatiens there.  When I was a kid I believed their name was “Impatience” and thought that was a really strange name for a flower.

Sept 8 (60)

We saw some ornamental peppers…

  Sept 8 (32)

We laughed at these robins on the water fountain…

Sept 8 (35) 

There was a blue jay up in a tree…

Sept 8 (59) cropped

These blue-purple flowers were there but I don’t know their name…

Sept 8 (47)

As you leave the Gardens, the sign bids you Bedankt, which is Dutch for “thank you”.

Sept 8 (26)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty gardens. What a wonderful place to spend time with the granddaughter!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I say thank-you for sharing these. The colors are stunning.

Reamus said...

Beautiful Place!