Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Today’s Theme

I’ve been sorting through the drive-by photos taken on Sunday, trying to find themes to use in blogposts.  Yesterday’s was the moon and today’s is religious buildings. 

Shooting toward the sun resulted in this silhouette of a church steeple…

Oct 28 (23)

I finally was able to get a clear shot of New Melleray Abbey…

Oct 28 (83)

Across the road from the Abbey is this church…

Oct 28 (82) 

And, I happened to spy this country church off in the distance as we sped along… 

Oct 28 (75)

The area we were in is mostly Catholic, so I’m sure that’s what these churches are.  In our area many rural churches are Lutheran.  It all depends on who the early settlers were.

4 comments:

Gail said...

Beautiful churches. I suspect God is in all of them.

DesertHen said...

Beautiful shots! I really like that last shot!

Anonymous said...

Love that far off view.. I often spy something a ways off and then find my way to it... Happy Halloween!

Dan said...

That last image even in the distance speaks the loudest.

Build it and they will come! :)