Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hunter’s Moon

On our way home Sunday we made a turn to the north and the almost full Hunter’s Moon suddenly entered the background of photo opportunities… 

Oct 28 (96)

My husband was driving.  There was another passenger in the front with him which left me shooting photos to my heart’s content from the back seat.  This next scene reminds me of staring out the window at the shadow of our moving car when I was a kid…

Oct 28 (97)

Next is a rare sight nowadays---corn being harvested on the ear.  The farmer is using a New Idea Uni-System, which is what my husband used to use.  It was versatile machine---there were heads for chopping corn or harvesting it on the ear or as shelled corn… 

Oct 28 (94)

Here’s a cow having supper in a field of harvested cornstalks…

Oct 28 (99)

And lastly, here’s the shot I took right before taking the first photo in this post which was as we crossed a railroad track.  Those old glass insulators on the poles are another rare sight.

Oct 28 (95)

2 comments:

42N said...

Beautiful shots.

Anonymous said...

I love the shot with the cow in the cornfield! This is such a beautiful time of year!