Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Yesterday

I’m typing this last night and am very tired from tractor-driving.  I chopped and raked cornstalks for several hours and sang my heart out with the songs on the radio.  After that, I took a walk and along the way saw these beautiful trees around our neighbor’s barn roof.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen them this colorful before!Oct 1 (11)

By then, my husband was out in the field with the round baler.  I liked the way this photo turned out, with the clear focus of the machinery and then the autumn trees in the background.  If only there were some bales in the photo since that’s what he was out there for. 

Oct 1 (12)

And, so, here’s a shot with some bales in view, too…

Oct 1 (13)

3 comments:

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh I love the look of the round baler at work. It has rained here the last few days making the second cut (we need it and I know it is late)laying on the ground hay not get baled.
Love the colours. B

Gail said...

I have bale envy.

No hay to found in our area. The drought cut our first cutting of hay to one fourth of what it was last year. There have been no second and third cuttings.

We may be in deep do-do if it's a rough winter.

Anonymous said...

The first shot is great! I am amazed at all the bright yellows and golds this year.