Sunday, November 18, 2012

'Tis the Season

'Tis the season for photos like this...

'Tis also the season when I find myself wishing to hide away and hibernate (read books, watch movies, take naps) until mid-January.  Every year I feel the same way.  Can't help it.  Don't want to do the holiday stuff, but have to.  I'm sure this mood is triggered by the shorter hours of sunlight.  Somewhere along the way the balance gets tipped.  Would love to pinpoint the exact moment it happens!

(I sized the photo at extra-large on Blogger.  I like the size, but it looks like I need to widen the blog.  I've seen that it can be done with the new Blogger templates, but I don't want one of those.  I like to be able to change the blog's background color occasionally.  Guess I'll have to get brave and go into the HTML to do the widening.  I did it once a few years ago and need to find the instructions again for doing that.)    

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I like the header photo... and I, too want to use all large photos on our blog, and still haven't figured out how to widen the blog to do it.

Anonymous said...

I think if you figure out how to widen it, that would be a perfect post to do a tutorial! I am right there with you about wanting to hibernate for the winter months.

Pat said...

Love the photo! The winter season makes me want to hunker down, cook soups, chili, and things in the oven, and sit on the couch with a blanket, immersed in a good book!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Love this picture. It is very easy using the new templates. I use the one called 'Picture Window'.On the left side in the design section under advanced you can change all the colours and the width.Just play around with it. Hope this helps.