Saturday, December 22, 2012

Moving the Snow


I took this photo yesterday morning as my husband was clearing our farmyard with the snowblower which is attached to a tractor.  Its fun to watch---I wish our grandchildren could have been here to see the tall geysers of snow shooting around.


We really were quite snowed in.  There were big drifts in the driveway and in front of the garage doors.  It didn't matter to me for I had no plans to go anywhere, but the snow needed to be moved so the milktruck could get here.

The past few days while appearing to be busy baking holiday treats, my true mission has been to listen to ALL of my Christmas music CDs.  Most years, I listen to only a favorite few of them.  I'm trying to remember when I bought my first CD of any sort.  I recall that for quite awhile I kept a vow to never give in to using those new-fangled things called compact discs.  I would be content with my record albums and cassette tapes, thank you very much.  But, then at some point, I gave in.  I must have happened upon a clearance sale or something.  That often convinces me to make a purchase.
  

6 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

I remember fighting the whole cd thing as well,but I lost and now I have all my music on my computer.How life changes what we think. Have a Merry Christmas.

DesertHen said...

Sounds and looks like you got a fair amount of snow. Love the little flying santa graphic...very cute!

Anonymous said...

I love watching those huge snow blowers! My ex-brother-in-law had to clear a couple of roads even because the maintenance trucks couldn't get through.

Leave It To Davis said...

It took me a long time to give into cds, also. I couldn't believe I was going to have to give up the big picture that was on album covers and the lyrics that were on the album sleeve most of the time...for a minute print out of lyrics that I needed a magnifying glass to read. I kept buying tapes mostly because they were cheaper until I bought my first mp3 player...then I started downloading songs...and now I just look up lyrics on the internet. Boy, have times changed! Did you ever go into one of those boths to listen to a record before buying it? Now you can just listen on the computer. Some change is good. I got out my records not long ago, and they don't sound as good as I remembered them sounding. MP3 players have such superior sound!

42N said...

Merry Christmas Jeannelle. My daughter is here from Montana where she works in the promotion of the ranching industry. She would probably love to see your animals. She will be visiting an eastern Iowa farmer, Steve S who is the tv station KGAN and WMT AM radio uses as the go-to farmer for onsite interviews.

Anonymous said...

Wish we had a wee bit of snow, there was a chance (just a slight chance) of a snow flurry this morning, but alas, it didn't come, just more cold rain. Hoping you and yours have a wonderful day together to celebrate the meaning of Christmas ~ faith, family and friends.