Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Snowstorm Is Here


     The snowstorm arrived last night as forecasted.  When I headed out the door for chores this morning I took my trusty Canon SX100 point-and-shoot camera along hoping to get some snow shots, but it refused to work.  The lens won't open.  Its been a very reliable camera, but after 5 years of much use I think its probably worn out.  When I got in from chores, I plugged the new webcam into the laptop and took this photo so I could prove the snowstorm is here:


     From the warmth of the house, I also took a shot of these tree branches which rest against a window.  They should be trimmed, but I do enjoy looking at them so maybe there they'll stay.  I didn't use the webcam for this one, I used the Nikon D40 which I wouldn't consider taking outdoors in a snowstorm.  I'm sure going to miss the point-and-shoot and will probably buy another one similar to it soon.


     By the way, we did our first Skype call with the webcam last evening.  It will be a fun way to keep in touch with our kids and grandkids.  

4 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

So sorry your camera quit on you! You did good with your webcam!

DesertHen said...

That very same storm moved through our area yesterday! It dumped a fair amount of snow in town, but somehow missed our little valley. I was surprised when I got to work and we had 8 inches of the white stuff! At one point driving to work, the road just disappeared because there was so much snow on it!

Judy said...

Hahaha, that looks like the shot I took this morning looking outside our patio door. I think we got hit with that same storm.

Dan said...

I love how the frost etching covers the glass pane.

We use Skype too! We contact our daughter in Bolivia, South America.