Thursday, January 17, 2013

Watery Wednesday


I decided to start joining Watery Wednesday  last week because it gives me incentive to search through my stash of old photos.  Here's a shot taken in June of 1980 as my husband and I were hiking around Bear Lake in Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado.  That's Hallett Peak in the background.  Sorry, I couldn't get that spot on top to disappear in Photoshop and didn't want to crop out the photo's edges.  It was taken with a Kodak Instamatic camera I bought when we got married.  (The photos in yesterday's post were taken with a Kodak Hawkeye camera I received for Christmas one year when I was a kid.  Those are square in shape while this one is slightly rectangular.)

    
 We took this trip to Colorado shortly after my graduation from LPN school and before I started my job at a hospital.  We actually took trips back then in the days before my husband became the sole operator of our dairy farm.  Want to be tied to home?  Get a herd of cows!

Thanks for stopping by!  
Visit Bluff Area Daily for this week's Watery Wednesday.


3 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

Isn't it sad that our old pictures faded like this...I'll bet that was a breath-taking view!

I'll bet you could get someone to come tend to your cows....a neighbor, perhaps? A good friend? Family member?

Anonymous said...

I was out there around 1984 when my grandparents took me on a trip to Wyoming, Colorado & Montana! Absolutely my favorite 3 states in the US! Gorgeous country

Thank you so much for joining WW! =)

Sally in WA said...

I love these old shots like this.