Friday, March 22, 2013

Honk if You Want Spring


     Last evening while walking to the mailbox I heard the honking of Canada geese. Hastily aiming the camera, I took a shot but unfortunately the setting was wrong and the geese ended up blurry.  I cropped them out of this first photo:


     I quickly changed the setting and tried again, zooming to get this view of the geese who were further away by then:


     Hopefully, they are a sign that spring weather will soon be here.  The lengthening days just don't fit with the cold temperatures we've been having.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honk, honk, honk!

42N said...

I agree. I have been spending a few hours after sunset to shoot Comet Pan-Starrs. Wednesday and Thursday nights were unreal - cold and windy. Last night was much better and I got a nice pic of the comet. Posted it on 42N.

Kat Mortensen said...

Still cold and snowy here. Brrrr!

42N said...

If you venture out to photograph the comet here's a few tips. Use a tripod because you will be taking photos that last anywhere from 5 to 20 seconds long. Start with a modest ISO like 400 but you can change to ISO 200 and experiment with the exposure time. Use the S or Shutter command to take the long exposures. And, use a remote trigger if you can otherwise your finger on the shuttle release may jiggle the exposure.

Indie said...

Really neat to come across your blog!

I live on a dairy in North Fla.

I love your pics!

Indie

http://writingsfromblackberryhill.blogspot.com/

DesertHen said...

Honk, Honk! So ready for some spring warmth here! We had a few nice days sneak in and then a cold front settled in yesterday and it was only 42 today! Pretty shots!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Honk!! I'm very ready for spring. That ole Phil had it wrong, didn't he? Love your photos!

Leave It To Davis said...

Great shots of the geese!