Monday, October 26, 2020

 Hello!  I decided to take a look at this old blog.  Should I start blogging again, that is the question.

I've been visiting other blogs that I used to read.  Many of them have quit blogging, also.  Some of them are going strong.  Here's a few:

Bitstop

Mille Fiori Favoriti

My Front Porch

rhymeswithplague

Skywatch Friday

Links to these blogs are in the right column under "Favorite Blogs".

                                                                                    

5 comments:

rhymeswithplague said...

Welcome back to Blogland!

Actually, to be or not to be, that is the question.

When you said that many have quit blogging, it reminded me of some lines in the last chapter of Flannery O’Connor’s novel Wise Blood. Haze Motes’s landlady, Mrs. Flood, is shocked to discover that Haze has been wearing three strands of barbed wire wrapped tightly around his chest (as a form of penance for his sins because, as he tells her a few lines later, “I ain’t clean”), she says to him in horror, “It’s not natural...It’s not normal. There’s no reason for it. People have quit doing it.” and he replies to her, “As long as I’m doing it, people ain’t quit doing it.”

That’s pretty much how I think of blogging.

Jeannelle said...

Yes, very fitting words for blogging. Hopefully, you don't feel it's painful penance to keep a blog.

rhymeswithplague said...

No, not a penance! Sometimes it’s a joy, but sometimes it approaches being chore. When that happens I take a step back for a few days.

rhymeswithplague said...

No, not a penance! Sometimes it’s a joy, but sometimes it approaches being chore. When that happens I take a step back for a few days.

Mama Bear said...

This is a great bloog