Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Television Shows

So it's last evening and I was watching one of my favorite TV shows, "The Andy Griffith Show". 
I remember watching it on channel 2 (CBS) when I was a kid.  Now it comes to us on the MeTV channel.  We get two Andy Griffith Shows in a row starting at 7 pm.  I get a double dose of Mayberry heaven.  MeTV broadcasts other old shows like MASH, Gomer Pyle, Green Acres, Hogan's Heroes, Carol Burnett,  Bonanza, The Rifleman, Wagon Train, Adam-12, I Love Lucy, Leave It To Beaver, My Three Sons, Perry Mason, The Twilight Zone, and more.  The overnight schedule includes The Alfred Hitchcock Hour, Mannix, Cannon, Barnaby Jones, Highway Patrol, and Dragnet.  Not that I stay awake all night watching TV.

Its just fun to have a channel like MeTV.  I think there are other similar ones out there, but I haven't found time to explore them.  

So do I watch network TV, you may ask.  Well, I watch the news most days.  And, if I remember to, I watch the three Chicago dramas, Wednesdays on NBC.  Sometimes I watch the FBI show, too.  I watch PBS at times, too.  Sometimes I don't watch anything at all, which is probably the best bet.

Enjoy your day!

Be safe and stay well!

1 comment:

rhymeswithplague said...

It wasn’t by design, but we stopped watching network TV (except for Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!) quite a while ago. Mostly we watch various programs on HGTV, DIY, Animal Planet, A&E, some but not others on TLC (we like the programs featuring little people but not the ones featuring sextuplets or dermatologists). We watch certain programs, but not others, on the various religious broadcasting channels we can get like TBN, CTN, Daystar, SBN, and others. I used to enjoy hearing what Mother Angelica had to say on EWTN, but she was not Mrs. RWP’s. cup of tea.

I have always enjoyed The Andy Griffith Show. I can tell how old I am by seeing what Ron Howard looks like nowadays.