Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Volga River

 The other day my husband needed some parts and he asked me to go and get them.  Hooray, I thought, a little road trip!  I took my camera along, bound and determined to find something to take a picture of.

Near Fayette, there was this hill with a tad bit of fall color left on top.  

If you click the photo it will enlarge.  Then you might be able to see that the sign says "Volga River".  This jogged a memory for me.  Many years ago when I took piano lessons one of the songs I played was
"Song of the Volga Boatmen".  It's not about the Volga River in Iowa, of course.  Its an old folk song from Russia where there is another Volga River.  If you click the name of the song it will take you to Wikipedia where there is a 1902 recording of it.  You might actually recognize the tune.




No comments: