Thursday, December 3, 2020

Beaver Moon

 Here's my shot of the full Beaver Moon which happened early Monday morning.  I took this photo at about 7:30 a.m.

Here's a definition of Beaver Moon:  "The November full moon is known as the Beaver Moon.  This was the time to set traps before the swamps froze to ensure a good supply of furs for the winter.   A different interpretation is that this is the time beavers would be most active in the preparation for winter."

When my dad was young, he trapped raccoon, beaver, muskrat, mink, and whatever else I don't know.  I remember seeing a picture of him in front of a wall covered in pelts.  I doubt that much trapping goes on anymore, but I could be wrong.  I don't think there's as many animals around as there used to be.

(After I used italics above then there is this white surrounding the text.  I can't seem to get rid of it.)

Have a great day!

Stay safe and well! 



1 comment:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

What a pretty capture of the moon! I am sure animal trapping is happening somewhere. Take care, have a happy day!