Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Frosty Branches

Sunday morning I got home from church just in time to get a photo of the frost before it was completely gone.  (That bird seems to have strayed from the flock.  I think it's a starling.)

We attend a Lutheran church out in the country about four miles from our farm.  The current mask rule is that we wear them until we get seated in the pew and then again on our way out of church.  We're supposed to social distance, too.  There is much less standing around visiting after the service.  We are trying to behave.

Yesterday was the winter solstice.  Hurray for days getting longer!  I'm ready for that.

Take care and may you stay well.

7 comments:

MadSnapper said...

you are probably safer where you are, i would not go in in a public place here, have not been in one since March, the virus is rampant here, my friend parents died 3 days ago, 16 minutes a part, in ICU, both of them. 2 miles from our home in the hospital that is full. they went no where but they did do TG dinner with 15 people, all family and now they will never see their family again. Florida is a tourist state and eveidently they think it is safe to come here and spread the virus because they are here for the winter

Jeannelle said...

Very sorry about your friend's parents. That is so sad.

Rose said...

I told Roger this morn...just think! The days are going to start getting longer...I have not been as bothered by the short days as normal, but still I look forward to longer evenings. And it getting light earlier.

Jeannelle said...

I used to be affected by the lack of light. I'd take a walk whenever there was sunshine. But, I'm no longer bothered by that anymore.

Madge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Madge said...

Hi thanks for the visit. The contrast between the frosty tree and blue sky is marvelous! In our rural church we wears masks and are spaced out. Our Governor has mandated that congregations no longer sing, which breaks my heart. I am following your blog now on Feedly.

At Home In New Zealand said...

The frost on your tree is pretty. Our days are now growing shorter!
Stay safe :) xx