Saturday, December 12, 2020

Oak Tree

As I headed to the Amish the other day I kept my eyes open for an oak tree to photograph.  Finally found one on the edge of the river woods.  It was too far away to get a close shot. 

I'm not sure what kind of oak it is, but it is one that holds on to its leaves.  This made me remember when I was a kid and Dad would take my sister and me for walks in the Wapsipinicon River woods.  He would point out the various trees, like hackberry, maple, oak, ash, and hickory.  Usually, he would stop and skip stones in the river, too.  Fun little adventures of the past, carried away by the winds of time.

Have a safe and healthy Saturday!
Remember a past adventure!

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pin Oak maybe we have a few in our yard that hold their leaves all winter. I think there is one REd Ok that keeps its leaves too. THanks for the comment on my blog! You have a great blog here and I will be back to read more:)

Rose said...

I always like how the young, small beech trees hold on to their leaves.