Monday, December 7, 2020

Transistor Radios

Today the subject is transistor radios.  I received my first one when I was ten, for Christmas from my parents.  I wanted to be like other kids who listened to their radios on the school bus, holding their radios up to the window to get better reception.  

This photo does not show my radio; sadly I do not have it anymore.  Wish I did.  It was a Magnavox and I believe it played only AM stations. 
When I first got the radio, my sister and I would play a game with it.  We would ask a question and then turn on the radio to get the answer.  It gave us lots of laughs.

On another Christmas, my sister and I each received one of the round radios below.  I wish I still had this one, too.  It was a Panasonic.  Mine was blue and my sister's was yellow.  

More on the radio subject tomorrow.

2 comments:

Susie of Arabia said...

I remember one Christmas, my brothers and I each got our own transistor radios as well. I think we wore them out!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I remember these radios, I did like the AM/FM radios.

I always enjoy listening to music. Take care, enjoy your day.