Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year

 

Our traditions for New Year's Day include doing cow and calf chores as usual and watching the Rose Bowl parade and maybe part of a football game.  To eat we're going to have the rest of the baked taco dip our daughter brought for Christmas.  And. cheese and crackers and summer sausage which was a gift from our milk hauler.  We still have sweet treats left, too.  I don't think we'll starve.

Back to New Year's Eve---I was thinking about when I was a teenager and babysat most every New Year's Eve.  After the kids were tucked into bed, I would listen on the radio to the Top 100 countdown of popular songs.  I really looked forward to that.

Here's wishing you a very happy, healthy year in 2021.


3 comments:

Rose said...

I never had a New Year's tradition when young...shoot, not even much of one as an adult. I think cause mentally I am still recovering from Christmas.

At Home In New Zealand said...

Wishing you a happy healthy new year :) xx

Susie of Arabia said...

I used to babysit on many New Years Eves too. It was good money back then! LOL