Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Rime Ice & Informed Delivery

We awoke to more fog and frost yesterday.  Quite a bit was left over from Sunday. 
I think this is "rime ice" not hoarfrost.  You can read about the differences HERE.
It's afternoon now and blobs of frost have been falling from the trees all day.  No sunshine but the temps are in the 30's.

I should go get the mail.  "Informed Delivery" tells me we are receiving only bills today.  Maybe I'll let them chill in the mailbox until tomorrow.  Are you signed up for Informed Delivery from the USPS?  It shows you pictures of your incoming letters.  It is one more username and password to remember, so it must be good for your brain, right?!  Otherwise, it's rather useless for me to know what's coming in the mail.

Have a great Tuesday!
Stay warm, well, and safe!






6 comments:

Susie of Arabia said...

Such pretty photos of the frost. But it looks pretty cold! Meanwhile I still have the AC on here. We have a place in WA state where I get my mail, so I am signed up for Informed Delivery too. My sister-in-law gets my mail for me when we are outside the country, so this way I can let her know if I think something is important.

MarmePurl said...

I had not heard either of the ice terms before quite interesting.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very Pretty! Yes my husband gets informed delivery and sometimes they are a day off...but that could be a rural carriers fault. The subs often drive by our mail box and it comes the next day.

At Home In New Zealand said...

I've not heard of rime ice before, but it certainly looks pretty on your trees.

Sharon Wagner said...

Brrr! Beautiful though.

Rose said...

Yes, I am signed up for informed delivery. I like it most of the time...but there are times it shows something that will worry me. It has never been anything bad...I guess I just like to worry.

Love these shots. Had never heard of rime ice...need to check it out. Always learning new stuff through blogging.