Friday, February 15, 2008

A Black & White Makeover

Kasey's blog, WineontheKeyboard, issued a "Black and White Challenge" today, so here is my makeover of a color photo to B&W. This scene, of course, shows Queen Anne's Lace blooms in an unopened and opened state. Scads of them grow in the ditches along our gravel road. Do you know that in the very center of the opened blossom is a tiny, tiny dark red bloom! (You can't see it in this photo, of course......I would need a different camera to be able to photograph that.)


8 comments:

nannykim said...

Love queen anne's lace, but had not noticed the red.

Anonymous said...

I'm having the worst time trying to convert to black and white and actually liking the results! I'll put a link to this post in my blog post on Monday. If I can come up with a black and white pic I actually feel like I did well enough on to post it!

Luckily, I've given myself the weekend to play with it!

Jeannelle said...

I know next to nothing about photography. With my computer came something called "Picture It - 9". I opened the color photo in that and clicked the B&W effect. Then I altered the sharpness and contrast a little; but it would all be much better if I had a better camera.

Country Girl said...

I'll have to check Kacey's site. I really like your photo, too.

I know the red bloom you're talking about. It's very dark red.

Anonymous said...

Visiting from Wine on the Keyboard.

Very nice B&W conversion! Really pretty! :D

Anonymous said...

Jeannelle, I popped over from Kacey's blog. I love your picture!

Jeannelle said...

christine & tori,

Thanks for stopping by!

This pastime of converting photos could get addictive.

Unknown said...

searching for blogs like mine, so please check out my site sometime and leave me a comment to let me know what you think.
Submit Your Design