Saturday, February 23, 2008

Coloring Outside the Box

I'm goofing around with snow photos this afternoon. Its very childish, really. It takes me back through the years to happy hours spent with crayons and coloring books, when I could use any color I wanted on anything......cornflower trees, magenta snow, sienna sky.....(if I was lucky enough to have a 48 or 64-count box of Crayola crayons to pick from). Otherwise, I was stuck with plain red, green, blue, etc. My sisters and I would sometimes fight over certain favorite colored crayons and use each one until it was a stub, peeling the paper off as we went.

Because I watched my mom outline each section to color on each page, and then carefully do the coloring in order to stay inside the lines......that's how I did my coloring, too.......cautiously staying inside the lines.

Well, these photos are a bit outside the lines, colorwise......retouched with the wrong colors for the scene. But, what fun to experiment! Its like being a kid all over again, and having the most gigantic box of crayons to work with!


2 comments:

Country Girl said...

A big, pretty box of crayons. It's the little stuff like this that makes us happy.

Cool pics, Jeannelle!

Jeannelle said...

Yes....and doing those little things that make us happy is important......I realize that more the older I get!