Saturday, February 23, 2008

Frosty Saturday

Oh, what a gorgeous morning we have!! Everything is covered in fascinating frost! I ran around taking lots of photos, catching my chore-boy son here as he fed his calves. You can see the big square hay bale there......he peeled off a couple chunks to put in front of the calves for their munching enjoyment. He pours the grain on top of the squares of hay. Buster, our Australian Shepherd, is providing lots of help, as you can see!!







If I find time today, I hope to post some pictures of this morning's frosty wonderland beauty. Truly, its a rare occurrence, and provides something for us to appreciate about winter.


If you've never visited Sherry's blog, Living Beyond the Roads, take a jaunt over there. She's a fellow Iowan, and is evidently, truly "snowed in", out there "beyond the roads"! Her posts include lots of interesting info and links to crafting and cooking sites. The day I visited Sherry's site for the first time, she had posted a link to a scrumptious brownie recipe, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Marbled Brownies.......the name is a mouthful, and its heavenly to enjoy a mouthful of these rich brownies! Sherry often writes about what's on her menu for the day......if she lived in my neighborhood, I'd have to find an excuse to drop by her house at dinnertime! She also has a political blog providing updates on current events. Go & visit her sites!
Have a great Saturday, everyone!

3 comments:

Country Girl said...

I can't believe how much snow there is in this picture. And thanks for the link to Sherry's. I have a friend named Sherry, too. But she's into the high life, and you'd never find her in the country!

Sherry said...

Thanks Jeannelle for the kind words. I think your pics are really gorgeous. And I'm starting to get the bug myself. We have a digital camera, just needs some batteries and I think Parker already knows how to download them to the computer. I'm getting excited for fun spring!
Country girl looks to have a nice site, I'll be going there when i have DSL and can handle all those pictures!

Jeannelle said...

Sherry,

Believe me.....on CountryGirl's site you will see some truly stunning photography and photo editing. And she writes clever posts, too.

This sunny afternoon is beckoning me out for a walk. I hope that next snow storm takes a detour to nowhere.