Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Ditch Walkin'

To find something to photograph, we camera-toters will risk being considered insane, right?? Instead of walking on the road today like a normal person, I tramped through the ditch, and found what I was looking for.......things I don't see from the usual path.
***********************

I'm not sure what this is called.......they vine around and have tight bunches of berry-like seed clusters. Possibly they are "button plant", but not sure about that.
*************************
Not sure about this either......is it sumac seed remains, possibly??

*********************

These looked almost like bunches of Baby's Breath:

*******************

The damp patch in the road is the frost making its annual springtime ascent out of the ground:


(Actually, this final photo does not show the road by our farm.......its from another sidetrack route I took the other day on my way to get bananas from the convenience store.)
Hey......take a sidetrack.......walk in the ditch......do whatever it takes (reasonably) to see something you don't normally see!!

2 comments:

Mary Connealy said...

It's a nasty cold day to walk in the ditch, Jeanelle.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr

Love the crocus. I've got plants up, sometimes they're up on FEBRUARY, very late spring.

I've got daffodils (my favorite) and grape hyacinths. My first love though is my creeping phlox. They're just starting to green up, then by mid to late April (in a normal spring) they're covered with purple flowers. Just beautiful.

Jeannelle said...

Oh, Mary, I hope you didn't get snow......there's been just awful weather around our states today.

The creeping phlox sound lovely.....I tried to start some one year, but they didn't take off.....glad to hear yours do well!