Friday, June 6, 2008

Caution.....Close!

"Caution" is on the right track with guessing where these photos were taken........wrong city, though!
Once again, a couple hints.......I was 3-1/2 hours from home, and the players on this diamond now include these critters shown below:
(Cool cat!)
*************
*************


(Could that be one of the Three Billy Goats Gruff.......and, Harvey, from one of my favorite movies??? I should have glanced around to see if Elwood P. Dowd was standing nearby!!)

**************************


****************************

****************************
Possibly some folks reading this post are sitting right there in the state this carousel revolves in!
What is this place, and where is it?

4 comments:

Mary Connealy said...

three and a half hours away.
..........

hm...............

Minneapolis? Mall of America????

These are beautiful pictures.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Judging from the images on Google, I do believe Mary has guessed it . . . but I've never been to the Mall of America, so I don't get the baseball references. Is it near the Twins new stadium that's under constructin?

Russell said...

Yes, yes... Mall of America! At first I was thinking of Story City, Iowa (their whole town is built around their carousel - at least for tourism!). Then I took a look at your post from the day before and "home plate" - of course! - is where the Twins Metropolian Stadium used to be!!

I saw several games at the old Met but have never been to the dome!

Take care.

Jeannelle said...

Mary, Ruth, Russell,

Yes, you are correct! Won't it be exciting to see more photos of a shopping mall in my next post!!? Oddly enough, it was a great place to find colorful scenes to photograph.....I had a blast!

Thanks for stopping by!