Thursday, June 5, 2008

Commotion & Adjusting

Not much time for blogging........lots of COMMOTION, plus, my son is out of school now, and uses the computer off and on during the day, in between helping his dad, so I'll be ADJUSTING my time at the keyboard to his time there!

Yesterday, my daughters had a wild idea for a day away, and after lodging an initial protest, I went along with them!

Can you guess where? Here's a hint:

Homeplate is now guarded by the likes of these characters:
************************************
************************************
Today, before my older daughter headed back home to Ankeny, she wanted to see some of the storm damage, so we took a drive.
Below is the condition of the woods along the Wapsipinicon River near the C-57 bridge in northeast Black Hawk County, Iowa. It appears Paul Bunyan came through, clipping shrubbery, and left a terrible mess.

****************************************
****************************************
My daughter noticed this scene below along one of the gravel roads near where the tornado went through (You can breathe.......its just a doll's head.):

We saw the macabre sight near the spot shown below. We've had so much rain the past few days that many fields are flooded again in the low areas, as you can see in the photo.

***********************************
***********************************
My sister who lives out of the area is coming here this afternoon in order to see the damage to our old neighborhood, so I'll be touring around again in a little while. Its very warm and humid here today; hopefully, no storms are developing.
*************

Remember........take a guess at the whereabouts of yesterday's day away!! Its about 3-1/2 hours from here.


5 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

All I could come up with as an answer to your question was Baraboo, Wisconsin, but I'll bet that's wildly wrong.

That sure is a pretty carousel though.

And the doll's head was creepy. It must have given you a start.

Mary Connealy said...

Well, how disturbing is this????

what about the carnival horses, though?
You went to the .... CIRCUS???

sugarcreekfarm said...

The only carousels I'm familiar with are at Story City, and Coralville. But I wouldn't think you're 3 1/2 hours from either one of them. So I'm stumped!

Trish said...

oh my...what destructive forces at play! That doll's head is beyond macabre! Yikes....

Sorry...cannot ever possibly guess where that carousel is but it looks like a lovely place to spend some time...I love carousels....did you go?

Anonymous said...

That was a shocking picture.

As you are aware, we don't even know where Iowa is, but here's my guess: there is a carousel at the ball park where the Detroit Tigers play. So maybe you're in Detroit (and just made really, really good driving time!)