Friday, August 29, 2008

Gridiron Fun.....Maybe

Oh, high school football is such a big deal in small-town Iowa. I try to pretend to enjoy it. There's my son, on the ground.......#21, white jersey. Just so he gets back up, that's all I care about.
***
***
He's a tailback......and often ends up on the ground! Next thing we know, he has managed to become the center of official attention........due to a leg cramp! He ran 60 yards for a touchdown early in the game, but Husband and I didn't see it because we weren't there yet. The game was about 40 miles away........its one of those schools out in the middle of nowhere, just like ours. There's no place to eat on the way home, so I made sandwiches to take along.

***
***

It's half-time.........I enjoy watching the band. This one is good-sized for a small, rural Iowa school.......good for them! I can't say the same for our school.......very few people give a hoot about band there, and it shows. The instructor sincerely tries, but very few parents encourage their kids to be involved in music. Me? I've given up. My first three kids were in band and chorus, but the last one is not interested.......I can't fight it anymore.

***
***

The home side was backed up by a gorgeous sunset sky for awhile:

***
***

Its over.......we lost, but no one got hurt; that's the main thing. Here the teams line up to shake hands after the game:

***
***

It was a balmy evening........too warm for playing football, in my opinion.......nice for the spectators, though. In a few weeks, we'll probably be huddled shivering under blankets as we watch the games.

***
***

I hope your team was victorious!! I'm staying up late tonight to watch the Olympic gymnast, Shawn Johnson of Iowa, on The Tonight Show. She's up next........

***
***

No comments: